Nestie-friendly stamps

Hi, it's Annika here and today is my turn to give you a little peek at my playtime results.

Our own fabulous Ann (Raindrop Echo Designs) has just recently awed us with a set of new Nestabilitie-friendly digital stamps called Dressed Up Shapes. I love those to bits and had to have a play as soon as I could. The stamp I used is called Leafy Frame and I put in the sentiment from the set called Amongst the Stars Sentiments.

And when I said "playtime" I really meant that I played a lot, lol. I tried a lot of different looks before settling to that one and spent about 3.5 hours making that fairly simple card. Yup. That's me. Inefficient and quite OK with it.

I printed the frame onto pearlescent paper first and glittered using Stickum Powder (it's an embossing powder like substance that becomes an adhesive when heated, similar one is Sticky Stuff by Judikins and Heat and Stick by Stampin' Up), then heat set it again to firmly keep the glitter in place. Next I printed the sentiment into the frame and embossed with clear detail powder. I sponged some Antique Linen DI all over the panel to take the crisp whiteness away - and that's pretty much it.

I printed the frame at 8.4 cm width, that makes a lovely fit for second biggest Nestability matching die.

I used pearly paper because due to it's coated surface ink dries very slowly on it, so embossing is possible. If you don't have pearlescent paper, just cover ANY paper with thin coat of Matte Medium, let it dry (or blast with heat gun if you're anything like me...) and you're good to go. There's A LOT of fun to be had with glitter, embossing powders and digital stamps!

Thanks for looking and happy crafting!!

1 comment

Thanks for joining us here today at the Whimsy Stamps Blog. We hope you become inspired to visit with us again and again. Thanks for leaving your comment.

Have a great day,
Your Whimsy Creative Team