Pink Frosty Fun

Hi Whimsy Fans!

Ellie here, it's my turn to post here on the Whimsy Inspirations blog.

Today I am showing you a recent card that I made using the super adorable "Penguin Skier" by Crissy Armstrong. Isn't this penguin just adorable!?



I have colored him using Derwent Coloursoft pencils and blended with baby oil. I have received several emails asking how I color.

I am not good at all doing tutorials, but I can tell you that I am using the "gamsol magic" technique (you can find several videos on you tube using this techique). I just use baby oil in place of gamsol (mineral spirit). Then I also add a little bit of black (or other dark colored pencil) to the very corners/edges and pull in the color using my blending stumps for a "distressed ink" look.

This is a rather clean and simple card. I wanted to keep the image the main focus on this card. So I used a simple sketch. The sentiment is from the set "Sleigh Ride" by Raindrop Echo Design. The snowflakes were done using Whimsy's new "layered snowflakes" shapeology die, just released last month. I added little pink buttons with some thread to their centers. Love those snowflakes!!
Papers are from Stampin Up and Neenah. The border die is from MFT.

Here are the quick links to the Whimsy Products I used on this card.

1."Sleigh Ride"
2.Penguin Skier
3. Layered Snowflakes die



Thanks so much for stopping by!

Happy Stamping!
Ellie.



3 comments

  1. Love the pink frosty card. How adorable is that little penguin and love the design of the card. Thank you for the inspiration.

    Hugs
    Shannin

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the way you write and share your niche! Very interesting and different! Keep it coming! corporate fun day hire

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for joining us here today at the Whimsy Stamps Blog. We hope you become inspired to visit with us again and again. Thanks for leaving your comment.

Have a great day,
Your Whimsy Creative Team