Kitten Kindness Coloring Tutorial by Melissa


Hi everyone! Melissa here to share with you a simple coloring tutorial for these sweet kitties from Whimsy Stamps by Lee Holland called Kitten Kindness.  I wanted to show you a few coloring techniques for coloring fur.  Three to be exact; tiger stripes, calico and textured fur.  Any of these can be used on other animals too.  A number of these techniques you might already know, but I do give you a few hints how to have the best outcome.


You will need a few coloring tools.  If you are an alcohol marker user, pick two to three colors of the same color family for each technique as well as some alcohol such as Colorless Blender from Copic.  If you use colored pencils I would pick two to three colors for each technique as well and gamsol or some other blender solution.

I did want to include a list of colors used for the fur:
Gray/Blacks:  C00, C1, C3, C5, C7, 100
Browns:  E70, E71, E74
Orange:  YR12, YR15, YR18

In the beginning of the video I show you how I use acetate to place my rubber stamps.  Often it's hard to see the correct position.  I did not include that after having the correct placement on the acetate to go ahead and stamp on the paper.  Then I do the sentiment the same.

Please make sure to like the video and follow my YouTube channel as I'll be doing more Whimsy Stamp tutorials in the future.

Whimsy Products Used:
   


3 comments

Thanks for joining us here today at the Whimsy Stamps Blog. We hope you become inspired to visit with us again and again. Thanks for leaving your comment.

Have a great day,
Your Whimsy Creative Team