Meet Our Creative Team - Iris

Hi, my name is Iris. I grew up in Germany and live now with my husband and our two dogs on Florida's beautiful Space Coast.  I have one daughter, Kim, and a son-in-law, Ilia, who live in Germany. I started stamping/making cards in 2005 and joined the Whimsy Creative Team in 2010.

1.)    If you had to choose, what would your top 3 favorite Whimsy products be and why?  Hand Stitched Nested Rectangles -  so versatile, can be used for cards, tags, frames, shaker cards/ornaments, etc. Stitched or Pierced Border Trio Die set - can be used to quickly embellish cards, give dimension, add accents or create frames/borders, also great for scene cards (e.g. hills) Distressed Backgrounds and Ink Splats -  easy and fun for creating backgrounds, add accents and dimension or creating borders.

2.)    If you could have a super power, what would it be? Probably teleportation. Wouldn't it be awesome to travel the world with just a blink of an eye? I would love this.

3.)    List 3 things someone would be surprised to learn about you?
     - back in Germany I designed and made jewelry (gold and silver)
     - I have a degree in art
     - besides coloring, baking bread is my favorite activity to relax and calm down.

4.)    What is your favorite color combo and favorite coloring medium? Actually I do not have one favorite medium. I like them all. Alcohol markers, watercolor (distress and traditional), pencils and pastels. I like to have variety so I can choose whatever medium I feel like using on this particular day and also depending on the image I want to color. I love pink, therefore one of my favorite color combos is pink and teal/green or pink and grey

5.)    If you had to survive on just 3 foods, what would they be?
   -  definitely fruits...can't do without,
   -  milk - so I could make my own yogurt and cheese
   -  grains - for making bread

6.)    What do you like most about being a member of the Whimsy Creative Team? It feels like family, you can be yourself and have the freedom to create your way/style with the most amazing products. The Whimsy product line is so versatile and fits so many styles. Working with the best (teamies) and for the best (boss aka Denise) in the whole stamping world.
  
7.)    What challenges you when stamping/crafting? I love to try new techniques. No matter if this is a special card design, a new background technique or playing around with different mediums to color images.


Favorite card:
This is definitely one of my favorites. First of all I like frogs and I love how this adorable guy looks kind of fluffy.  The image was colored with watercolors / ZIG clean color brush pens in the no-lines technique. I really like how it turned out with the bright and cheerful colors.



1 comment

Thanks for joining us here today at the Whimsy Stamps Blog. We hope you become inspired to visit with us again and again. Thanks for leaving your comment.

Have a great day,
Your Whimsy Creative Team